advert

Friday 23 January 2015

Torrential conditions

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13526901/?claim=wdg9aa4dhf4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hey everyone!
I was quite optimistic about hockey to be honest, stepping outside for the first time while walking to the astroturf, the weather wasn't too bad actually. I was messaging Natasha at the time so I decided to make her laugh as while I was walking, she came to her window to wave at me. So naturally to try and make her laugh I decided to skip down the path waving back at her!

No one was looking, it's alright! I did top with my frolicking and prancing though after withdrawing from her sightline, to preserve the small element of dignity that I've got left after my musical theatre related hijinks that I've had. I got to hockey training early and the weather was rather cold. We were even at the point where we were debating if it was colder than our last training, which is 8-10pm. So you can imagine what it was like.

We got into training and played in majority, an attack vs defence format so we could improve. I think before I was forced to have my turn as a defender, (Spoiler alert, I was bad,) My crowning achievement was nutmegging the second team captain while he was defending. Apart from that I didn't do too much to be honest. By this point the rain had already started coming in and it was coming in heavily. I had kept my hoodie on, to try and retain as much heat as possible but I got absolutely soaked. We finished with a big game with everyone for the last 20 minutes, by which time the conditions were torrential, it felt like a scene from a disaster film with the rain circling our astroturf like a predator with it's prey. My shoes were coming undone every 5 minutes and it got to the point where I just left them undone. Since I was up front I was hanging around the defenders (One of which included my captain) until something happened that we needed to move for. We were each saying how we surely can't have very long left and how our faces hurt. I was fairly confident I could only see out of one eye and complained that emotions hurt due to the cold. Regardless of that, we eventually finished up and I jogged back to my room in order to get a shower and get ready for a pizza making session with Natasha. I'm still pretty convinced I developed trench foot due to the excessive soaking I got.

I'd been given pizza bases from home so we used those and some tomato spreadable pizza topping. We decided that in order for it to be a quality pizza, we needed to include a hell of a lot of cheese and we decided to be creative and put sweetcorn on it. We also got wedges which were made spicy with tikka masala curry paste. After they were done, we inhaled the whole lot and discussed how we were now better than every celebrity chef in the world. Since then, we've been spending the evening together and making each other laugh as usual and watching videos on youtube.

The day ahead is quite busy for me, I have a rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof, where we will be learning a dance for "To Life". Crap. After that I have an audition for a play. That night there is meant to be a social for the theatre society and hockey society. But since it marks a special day, there is a third option that I will tell you about in the near future.

Anyway, I'm going to sign off for tonight and I'll talk to you next afternoon to keep you updated. It's nice to speak to you again.

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment