advert

Monday 19 January 2015

41

Good evening to you!
So since we last talked, I was in the middle of a pretty intensive revision session. Since then my day got a bit more interesting. Unfortunately I had to reschedule my hair appointment to roughly 9am tomorrow morning which means a nice and early start for poor me on exam day. But I've got myself tucked up in bed and feeling really comfy and in a good writing mood, listening to some music from my favourite musical, Parade.

If you've not heard of it then I'd really advise you to give it a try, I'm a really big dan of the music and the story is based on the true story of a Jewish man named Leo Frank in the south of America who is persecuted for a crime he did not commit and his struggle against an oppressive society with the only person who seems to be on his side being his wife. If you want a few suggestions for songs that stand out to me, there is "It's hard to speak my heart", "All the wasted time" and "This is not over yet". I'm hoping to actually sing them at University at some point in a variety show that is put on twice a year by the Musical theatre society here.

The main part of my evening was our standard 2 hour hockey training session which left me considerably worse for wear afterwards. We were small on numbers in our team due to exams, so although we didn't go for a run as I was expecting, we still had a really high intensity session and I got to try a new position out that I wouldn't usually go for. I played in central defence in a drill vs the 2nd team which basically involved us being constantly pressured by them so I had to be really alert, especially due to my inexperience in the area. I was quite impressed with my ability to deflect most of the balls away from danger and I caused quite a bit of trouble for the striker I was marking, who is the main striker for the 2nd team. I was quite excited though as we were given our new kit for the next year, which looks really good. I also got my new squad number of 41. It suddenly feels like I'm more integrated into the team and I feel like I have more of a place than I had done originally. After training I was just exhausted due to playing a game at the end and since I played as a winger, I was running like mad! I took a bad step and hurt my knee, but it is better now and my feet feel like they are becoming detached from the rest of my body with a slight pain there.

Oh, woe is me!

Anyway, I'm going to sign off now as it's getting on and I have to be lively tomorrow at really early times

Thanks for your time as always

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment