advert

Thursday 15 January 2015

Reunited after all this time

Oh hey, I just about got here in time then!

So since I last talked to you I had my first ever rehearsal for Fiddler on the Rood, which is being put on by my University in March. I have to say, despite it not being one of my favourite musicals ever, it was really nice to see it come together for the first time in small pieces. To start with we worked on the songs "Tradition" and one of the famous songs "To Life".

For the record, this is not the version conjured up by Sheldon Cooper in an episode of The Big Bang Theory, I can assure you we were all very sober and we had the words in front of us which made it infinitely easier. I hadn't actually listened to the proper version of either of these songs all the way through before so it was really interesting to see the full song and be able to read the music for it, exploring the harmonies that were produced in the writing. My voice was pretty horrific today, not managing to cleanly hit my higher notes made singing this a bit of a nuisance as I was being asked to reach up there. No doubt that will come back but it was pretty frustrating none the less for the 3 hour rehearsal. Since we did "To Life" second and it was a full male song, the girls, Including Natasha decided (understandably) not to bother waiting around and took off.

After our weekly Thursday rehearsals, it is customary that we all meet up afterwards at our pub sponsor, where the society is provided with a platter of free food, admittedly one of the highlights of my week. I was determined to go because I'd not been able to see a few of my best friends at University until today, so it gave a great chance to be able to catch up with them and we had an amazing time there and so much fun. I'm actually planning a session with one of my best friends I've made in my time at University next week where we will just play on Xbox for as long as we can manage one night and involve alcohol. Just to have a bit of fun together and no doubt it will be a hilarious occasion as well as one that I don't tell you too much about!

So after the food had been collectively devoured by the members of our little musical theatre group, I set off walking back home. Needless to say it was rather chilly and I decided to get a bit of a pace on in order to get back faster. Around 10:30pm Natasha came over and we spent about an hour together before she got sleepy so she's in bed now.

I'm really excited for tomorrow because we have a two hour trip back home sometime around midday. Before that we are making an emergency ration shop in ASDA to have enough provisions for two hungry students to survive the trip! It is no doubt going to be a really amazing weekend that we can spend together. I'm not too sure how much time I'll have available to post and tell you about it, but I'll make sure to when I can.

Thanks for your time reading as always, speak soon.

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment