advert

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Girlfriend Therapy. Act II

Nice to see you!

So where did I finish... Oh yeah, I was talking about my experience of girlfriend therapy and how revolutionary it has been for me after one of the most dreaded occurrences of the naive fresher's existence. In case you didn't read my last post, no, there were no bars closing and the alcohol hasn't run out yet. I had my first final exam for a module at university. Me and my girlfriend, both being on the same course were both rather anxious about this exam, as were the rest of the year. Looking around afterwards, you could just detect a sea of unhappy faces and of dissatisfaction with the previous 90 minutes of their lives. But since then we have just been reminding ourselves that although it seems like the end of the world, we only need 40% to pass our first year and it doesn't count towards the rest of our degree anyway!

The next thing that we did was dinner. I felt the distinct urge to have an increased amount of comfort food in my life after the exam, so afterwards, I met up with one of my friends from the University's theatre society and we walked down to the local fast food place to indulge ourselves. Meanwhile, my better half lived up to the label I just devised and stayed in and cooked healthily, despite this noble attempt, she did say she was jealous of the food I had ordered, but don't tell her I said that!

Afterwards we met up and started digging into a large list of things we decided to watch together over the christmas break. Because we are both British and fabulously so, we started with Wallace and Gromit, for the purposes of nostalgia as we both really enjoyed it in our childhood. It failed to disappoint. Despite not having seen it for a long while, it's still as entertaining as I remember and if anyone reading has had the joy of watching "The Wrong Trousers", the evil penguin still seems as malevolent as ever.

In order to spice things up afterwards, we decided to watch the Pink Panther, starring Steve Martin. I know I'm terrible and should really be watching the original, but despite the more modern version sometimes lacking in its story, the opportunity to laugh as Inspector Jacques Clouseau cunningly fumbles his way to catch a killer is too tempting, and the opportunity to sample his attempt at a French accent is too much to resist I feel.

Since then we have decided to tuck ourselves up in bed and get nice and cosy as tomorrow might not be the most interesting day as it is no doubt going to be filled full of attempted revision but hopefully when the revision attempts come short, something interesting will happen that I can tell you about!

Thank you very much for your time to read my post

Cheers
Tim


4 comments:

  1. Great post +Tom Pockney! I hope your exam went well - and yes, Wallace and Gromit is brilliant, especially the evil penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to tell Tom to keep up the good work! ;) Thanks, it could have been worse but it's good it's done with. Yeah oh my god that penguin was like, the evil character of my childhood, it's amazing how evil you can make such a cool animal with a rubber glove on his head!

    Thank you so much for the comment and the kind words though, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! Sorry about that mishap. I follow quite a lot of awesome people so I mix them up (and type fast. I will blame my laptop keyboard for that! lol) And yup, it's good it's done and over with. And I know. I thought penguins were peaceful animals that enjoed to dance and sing (well, that's what Happy Feet led me to believe...). Not diamond stealing, robotic trouser operating masterminds.

      Keep up the good work with the blog! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh don't worry about it at all! I know the feeling, I tend to type rather fast as well. Yeah I know, I think that's a criticism of Happy Feet for their inaccurate portrayal of Penguins but I can't remember it much so will have to make an attempt to, you know, analyse it for its depictions of the penguin king!

      Thank you very much, and the same with yours! :)

      Delete