advert

Saturday 17 January 2015

An unforgettable day

Hope you've been having a good day!
I think today has been one of my most memorable days of my time in University, but weirdly I wasn't even in the same place that I study! I've just had a seemingly infinite amount of fun and joy today, so I guess the best place to start is where I left off.

The snow has been really coming down in legions today. As we set off for the football, me, Natasha and my parents were slightly doubtful as to whether it would be on. It was how I personally think that a standard winter's day should be. The surroundings were almost deserted as the inhabitants of our little town stayed inside to keep warm or were probably in a field somewhere with a sledge (Or maybe because the football wasn't on yet more likely). The seemingly deserted surroundings were covered by a single white blanket of snow. Upon parking about 5 minutes away from the ground, it was still falling from the heavens and looked like it would never stop. Wrapped up warm in several layers, we braved the cold Winter's day and collectively plodded along to the ground. Upon getting there, I apparently looked like I had been collecting snow on my head as when I tried to shake it off (No Taylor Swift pun intended) there was quite a lot to remove.

Since my dad had found a voucher for what was called a "Match Day Diner" treatment at the game, it turned out that we were due a 3 course meal for lunch, we were allowed comfier seats and we were to come back into the area that was for special guests where they would award the man of the match their prize. I didn't have too much of the dinner because I wasn't a big fan of the dessert or starter, but the main course was amazing. Natasha had a vegetarian option, which turned a few heads as it was a big vegetable pie, much bigger than we had expected, and so big that she didn't manage to finish it, and the hostess lady jokingly told her off for it.

But all was well behind the scenes, because the game went ahead and oh what a game it was. As Natasha had never really watched a game of football before she said she would have little idea what was going on, but with half the pitch covered in slippy snow and more coming down, you can imagine there was some fun to be had. Also with us coming out 4-1 winners, it was an amazing game to be at. After this we met up with two of my college friends for a round of Pizza Express pizzas and quite a lot of their famous doughballs. With us devouring the whole lot in quite a good time and having a lot of fun doing so, we moved onto our next activity. Bowling.

One of my friends was slightly paranoid, because of the last time we went bowling. You see, since he's really good and was walking away with the game, I had felt that a little "stabilisation" was required to even out the playing field, so I might have sabotaged him by throwing a gutter ball for him while he was about to get a third strike. "Oops, my finger slipped." This time though I wasn't given ample opportunity. A lot of fun was had at my ability to get gutter balls and by the end of the first game, I came last with Natasha sneaking her way to beat me in the last two rounds. Needless to say one was not amused. The next game I'd managed to step up a bit more and upped my final score, with Natasha slipping into last place. After this we hit the arcade and the highlight had to be a game of 4 player air hockey. This one was different in the way it scored because it would have different rounds, with the score from a goal depending on if you hit a big or little puck in. Eventually, a load of pucks are let loose on the table at once by the machine and it's a rapid scramble to score first with them, so it's just chaos and because we're University students, you better believe that quite a few pucks made it off the table and to varying areas of the arcade, our record must have been about 10 meters away from the table I think.

Since then we have made it home and are currently just lying down just relaxing before bed. It's been a long day I'll never forget, full of laughter and smiles and I can't describe how good it feels to have spent it with someone as special to me as Natasha, and to have been able to introduce her to my college friends. It was the best Saturday of 2015 by far and I can't wait for many more.

Anyway, I'm driving back tomorrow so should really go, speak to you tomorrow and thanks for your time. I hope you enjoyed hearing about today.

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment