advert

Thursday 15 January 2015

Getting back into the swing of things

Nice to see you again!
So today marked the two thirds part of my set of final exams for the semester that had just gone. The topic for today was Stress and Distress and I was not looking forward to it one bit. Being given an hour for 30 multiple choice questions and one short answer essay isn't all bad but there was quite a significant amount of content that I had to learn, making it infinitely more of a challenge.

 I mean, there were some pretty big words involved referring to pretty large and complicated books.

So I woke up this morning around 6am for some reason, I've no idea how I managed it but I fell back asleep to awake at about 9 and feeling warm and comfortable in my mass of blankets and duvet that I'd wrapped around myself. After getting myself awake with a shower and sending a good morning message to Natasha, I sat down in front of my laptop and had a brief spell of revision before chilling myself out and calming myself down before the exam with the use of funny Top Gear moments on YouTube and seeing what else that was funny on the internet. On top of that Natasha and I were also reassuring ourselves that it would be fine with the standard sort of reminders like "We only need 40%".

I also got a mark back for a final essay that I submitted for my Psychology as a Science module and got 74% or an A-. This was simply unbelievable and put me in an amazing mood, even more so than the antics of Jeremy Clarkson, which for many people is hard to top. So according to the University marking system, that equates to a 1st in that essay. Natasha was also delighted at her mark of 80% which was an A. So we both were feeling incredibly proud of each other and were in the mood that nothing could bring us down.

The exam today was an interesting one. I was pretty satisfied with the attempt I made at the multiple choice section but the essay really wasn't what I was hoping for and pulled me back. Despite this it is only one module out of 8 at the end of the day and I managed to get through it. I'm still sure that to get through the year will be no problem! So you won't have to worry at all if you were whatsoever. Since then though, me and Natasha walked back through the freezing, windy weather outside with a moderate pace in our step, (despite her best efforts not to bother running!) and got ourselves warm inside having a bit of a laugh together before she went to make her lunch and do a few jobs.

Today is going to be my first relatively busy day back here at University. I'm going to soon be packing for the journey home tomorrow and at around 6pm this evening, I'll be in my first rehearsal for the production of "Fiddler on the Roof" which is taking place in March, as well as catching up with my friends in the theatre society at the local pub afterwards and having a good time.

I should be able to update you again later before bed, but if not I'll be around tomorrow to catch you up.

Thanks for taking the time to read

Cheers
Tim

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your happy with the outcome of your exams. Enjoy being home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind words and taking the time to comment, I definitely will do!

    ReplyDelete