advert

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Being around people who care

Good day!
So since my last communication with you I was attempting to stage a recovery from my first night of alcohol consumption since being back at University. I'm glad to say that the battle was fought and won quite easily and despite a pretty boring morning, I spent time in the afternoon effectively cleaning my room in order to return it to its once former glory.

In other words, not as much of a pig sty as it had become...

I did a lot of planning today about events that were to come up. I realised that the hockey club are having their annual photo shoot this Sunday so I'm really excited to be involved with that. I was also planning my time for the next set of lectures that were to come up starting next week. I also took pictures of the football team members that were created last night in order to show to Natasha and a few other friends as we had decided we were going out tonight. Part of the day was spent with Natasha and planning another potential ice cream and film session and generally enjoying each other's company.

This evening, me, Natasha and a group of friends, Aidan, Beth and partly Matt went out because we wanted to support one of our closest friends at University to date, Jess. I'd actually been to get a takeaway with her last week I think, but she had been having a really tough time today for reasons I won't go into. So as a group we all came together and came out with her to our favourite pub, and sponsor of our Musical Theatre society. Despite having entirely varying amounts of alcohol, we had one of the best nights out I think I've actually had to a pub with a smaller group of people. This was because, and there is one person this obviously applies to, I know for a fact that I can trust the people in this small circle of friends. Even though we have our jokes either way, I know that I will be there for them if they need me and likewise.

They're a group of people that I can consider a set of really good friends and even if we don't know each other amazingly well or don't hang out all the time, they're still people in my life that I know I can trust and that will be there. Even if Beth listens to way too much Paramore or Jess seems to like the song "Anaconda" a bit too much, they're still pretty brilliant people and I wouldn't trade them. I enhanced a perspective of life today...

You can be in an environment where there are people with multitudes of friends. They can seem to be coming out of their ears. But the ones that really count are the ones that will stick by you, even if you sometimes feel you don't deserve them. To have Natasha, as well as those guys and the others that I've mentioned in my life makes me consider myself extremely lucky. We came to be with Jess because she needed us to be there and I know that anyone of us would have the same reception. I know that I've had to get up and sing in front of all of them before in the past and felt at ease, I know that I felt better about it afterwards because of things they've all said about me and how I did. It's heartwarming.

I feel as though I've gone on a bit of a slightly emotional garble, because I felt like I wanted to put the point across and write something poignant. So I will take a turn and tell you that it was a brilliant night out and we ended up in a takeaway where I was a lot better with my order, having learnt from last night and got a small portion of cheesy chips as I'd not really eaten properly and was hungry today. I'm going to be in bed soon but I'll speak to you tomorrow, I think I'm going to be doing something with Natasha and be a bit different with our day, but I'll make sure there is something interesting to tell you about as always

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Tim


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, please check it out :)

    ~~ http://reginareviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award-my-nominations.html ~~

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete