advert

Monday 12 January 2015

Suddenly the wilderness doesn't seem so wild

Hi fellow member of the internet!

I'm writing today as a very happy boy. Yesterday I was reunited with my girlfriend after being apart for 3 weeks on christmas holidays from University. That time that we spent apart though weirdly brought us closer together I think. The fact that we talked so much everyday and skyped when we could despite being over an hour drive away from each other shows how much a person cares and there are so many times I felt immeasurably touched by her sincerity and kindness and I still do.

She arrived yesterday to a cold train station a few minutes late and I was running around trying to find change for the parking meter at the train station because I couldn't for the life of me find the 20 minute spaces that you can use for free. Eventually after realising I was £1.10 short of the amount that I needed to get a ticket from the parking machine, I sprinted over to a taxi that I saw near by and almost begged the attending driver to change a note so I could actually pay for the machine. I was in luck as he got out his fancy coin sorted and filtered me £5 change in coins and a £5 note to my delight. Realising I was barely on the minutes I proceeded to sprint back to my car and then to the platform in order to wait for her imminent arrival.

This is it, I thought, the moment you've been waiting for for the last 3 weeks. You've done it old chap. As if the world was to specifically want to provide me with a minor inconvenience, she arrived but on the other side of the platform! I swear, only I would be in that scenario...

Eventually she came down the stairs to the side I was on and eventually her smile came into view. I was hooked. I had a smile plastered onto my face from the moment she had arrived on the other side and it had only gone and gotten bigger. I proceeded to do what I had missed more than anything over the christmas holiday and say hello to her accompanied with a hug and kiss. My life feels complete again and suddenly the wilderness doesn't seem as wild as I'd originally thought.

So what's up now you might ask? Well I'm currently back in my halls room, I've gone through my morning ritual and am just hammering away before I get set on some awful revision. I've got an exam tomorrow on the topic of "Psychology as a Science". Or as I like to call it, "3 essays in 90 minutes to make your fingers fall off."

You might have an idea that I'm not looking forward to it.
You'd be right.

Other than that today, I'm making lunch for me and my girlfriend at around 12:30 and revising. I might have a hockey training later but I'm not too sure. Nevertheless, it's gradually getting back to the daily grind and I hope I can bring you along for the ride.

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment