advert

Friday 16 January 2015

A special place in our hearts

Nice to see you again!

I can't say we've done too much exciting since I last posted. The Indian that we went to is one that we have been going to for a very long time, with the owner and staff very good friends of my family. We had been going there since I was really young and my brother hadn't been born because I believe my grandparents liked their food so much. Since then, they have relocated nearer to us and they have seen their business grow. It's like a taste of home when stepping into there and it almost feels like tradition when stepping through the doors. I've never had an experience in a restaurant before where staff members will make sure to shake your hand when they first see you and when you leave. Although I don't know them by name, it feels like being in the company of friends when inside their doors. It's special. I have to say it was almost another set of people that I felt I needed to introduce Natasha to and thankfully she seemed to really like it there. The owner and his sons that work as waiters have a special place in the hearts of my family though. As they know my granddad well as he was a regular at their restaurant, a few years ago when we had learned of his passing, they attended his funeral. I have to admit that I'm getting a little emotional writing this so I'll move on but I guess that gives an idea of how highly they're regarded in my family as people in general.

When you step through the doors you can immediately recognise that they've made a large effort to contribute to the ambiance of an indian restaurant with statues placed around the main dining area and a seemingly never ending stream of Bollywood music videos behind the bar near the door. In terms of Indian food, I'm not personally one for a really spicy curry, I'm not sure what you might prefer but I just can't hack the really spicy stuff, so I tend to go for a chicken tikka masala. It's definitely my favourite option due to it being quite mild and the flavour of the sauce. I hear chicken korma is really nice as well but I've not really tried that so I'll have to make an effort I think.

As I went with Natasha, my parents and grandma, it wasn't the speediest meal as we got into talking quite easily and everyone seemed to have fun whilst having their respective curry. My dad is always one for pushing the boundaries on his taste buds and ordering the some of the spicier options that he can find on the menu, so it's always interesting to see if he ever takes a bridge too far.

After we left, at about 9pm, we came straight back home, chauffeured by my grandma in her relatively new car, she's got a ford but I'm not sure which flavour of car it is. It's definitely way more modern than her old Mazda, so she seems to have a lot of fun with it, although according to the date on the car, today is 04/07/2014 so I might need to help her with that, bless her.  The rest of the evening has been really relaxed and we've lived up to the idea of a feet up Friday. We watched the first half of the Top Gear Patagonia special that was on over Christmas and so far it has been really good. Maybe we will watch the rest before we go back to university but it is currently late and we have a fun filled day tomorrow ahead of us that I can't wait to tell you about.

Thanks for reading, I'll speak to you tomorrow

Cheers
Tim

2 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] It is nice to read another post from you, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete