advert

Friday 16 January 2015

Disembarking

Oh hey! Didn't see you there!

So today marked a rather big day for me. From out of a seemingly endless slumber in my room, I arose to prepare for a marathon journey of a fearsome length of roughly 2 hours in order to get home for the weekend. It was as intimidating a journey as I make it out to be, I promise!

After me and Natasha made our final checks with our bags, we reunited and decided to stop by ASDA in order to get our provisions. Because Natasha hadn't been to the ASDA near to us much, she wasn't too sure where everything was. This made it rather entertaining when we were looking for a potential drink for each other and ended up staring down the hard spirits section! I wouldn't have minded normally but unfortunately, I was driving so I couldn't oblige! We did end up, however finding our all time favourite variety of Pringles, BBQ Beef as well as some obligatory chocolate and a large bottle of water to share between us.

After we had emerged from the maze of discounts that is the modern British supermarket, we sorted out the music for our mini adventure using a music streaming service called Spotify. Since Spotify premium is half price when you factor in a student discount, I decided to take advantage of it. For me it is roughly £5 a month, which is a considerable saving in comparison to the amount of music I'd normally get, as well as also helping me resist the temptation of shopping when already on a student budget. Using Spotify, we had already made ourselves a massive, and I mean massive road trip playlist of our favourite songs and loads of cheesy music from "Livin la vida Loca" to "Mambo No 5" to every song you could possibly imagine by ABBA (Which I was being forced to sing along to, and since Natasha was in control of the food I was in no position to refuse!). We even included the Minions version of YMCA because the little yellow things are just so incredible!

In our epic quest to find my house we encountered many an obstacle. Temperamental lorry drivers as well as drivers in general, several elongated periods of heavy downpours of rain and hail. Also the infamous Eye-Spy made a brief appearance to pass a few seconds which shows you things got a bit desperate! But alas, despite all of the hardships we faced on our perilous journeys of the motorways of the UK, we finally reached our destination. Greeted by my two infinitely adorable Labradoodles, Darcey and Purdey, who were jumping up and down, rather excited of potential company. My parents were out but as soon as my mum got back, we went too meet her and she made no mistake in being the standard uncool mum that you could expect when you bring a girl back in a similar way to this. I'm not going into details there.

Since then I've felt fatigued enough to fall asleep without even properly realising it (I know, pretty good effort!) after the driving and we have been passing the time. We also found a new game to play together on the internet and Natasha absolutely annihilated me at it, I didn't see it coming but it was brutal.

Currently, the plan for the rest of the day is that we are just being boring for about 45 minutes until we are going out for dinner at our local favourite Indian restaurant, after that we are just having a nice relaxing Friday evening before the main event tomorrow. Natasha's first ever football match!

Thanks for taking the time to read, as always I really enjoyed catching up with you!

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment