advert

Sunday 25 January 2015

Tolerance

Hi friends

Today, the main thing other than my club photo, was my rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof. Despite not being required for the entire 3 hours that were allocated for us, we were required to be there the entire time. I asked my friend Jess whether she was going to get dinner at a takeaway on the way there as there wasn't time to cook without having an early dinner. So she got back and said she was going with a few others and invited me to tag along. For some reason we went 15 minutes earlier than usual which was debatable as a decision and ultimately we still had plenty of time to spare. I wasn't too hungry so I decided on a portion of chips with cheese. We got there in good time and were even early, so we sat down and devoured our portions, being a bit too slow before the start. I'd been annoyed because in the takeaway, I'd had a few things said by one of the others, I'm not wanting to go into it but it was hard to tolerate in honesty, I kept my cool but wasn't happy, it kind of made it worse where it seemed to have been tried to be amended by a compliment afterwards.

We had a bit of time to warm up for the rehearsal where we all played a game called "Postcards". During this a scene is given and you have to be a specific thing in that scene, for example, for a scene of Italy I was a gondola and just lay on the floor. For a scene of university, I just walked into the middle eating the remnants of my chips! It's meant as a bit of fun and gets everyone involved and is quite imaginative.

I wasn't involved in the first scene which took about an hour. So I was sat around watching for the first time while the acted it out, for the others I basically just sat around doing nothing and twiddling my thumbs in a vague attempt of passing the time. Eventually it got to the scene I was involved in which I have to say wasn't brilliant as a scene but we did our best with it. It is pretty basic in how it is set out but was fun in places to do. There were some interesting directions where a friend had to be creepy to a girl after I go off stage, so he was told to stroke her face in a weird way, until he is stopped by another cast member. I can imagine that doesn't sound too good from being read here but I can assure you is wasn't as bad as I make it out to be.

After another wait while another scene was finished, we got our chance to sink our teeth into the dance. We didn't have everyone there so the director filled in. 30 minutes later the missing man turned up and it became significantly easier. We got it all sorted after a few stops and starts and did the dance the whole way through. There was one other thing that was annoying as the choreographer called a 2 minute break and a few people walked off for a drink, only to be gone 15 minutes. This meant that we all had to stay 15 minutes late at the end. Oh well, we eventually got through it all and I stopped off at the pub on the way back to get some quick hydration. We eventually got back and I spent a little time with Natasha while time ticked on and before we get back to the normal routine of lectures tomorrow.

Speaking of which they start at 9am for me so I should go and get some sleep, but I'll report back to you tomorrow!

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment