advert

Saturday 10 January 2015

Catch-up on a trip to watch "Into The Woods" 9/1/15

Oh hello there!
I thought that since I went and did something that I thought was pretty cool with my parents yesterday, I'd quite like to share it with you all.

Yesterday marked the release of a film called "Into The Woods". Which I hadn't realised was actually a musical that was on Broadway in 2005 and apparently on the West End as well more recently. I experienced one of the benefits of having quite limited time left before returning to University, that I get more of a say on what is had for dinner! So how could I go for anything other than a Dominoes Pizza delivery? It turns out that this was actually a wise option, since there was a deal on that we could get two pizzas, garlic bread and potato wedges for something like £20! I could have never thought that as a poor student I would fail to eat a large pizza from Dominoes, but alas, I was defeated by the meaty, cheesey, pizza-y goodness. Don't judge me too hard please, "The Meateor" is an incredibly filly and wedge pizza on all accounts!

But after we were all well and truly stuffed, we got into the car to set off to the Odeon theatre near to us to see the film. It was really exciting to be able to see a film on its release date, I think that I've only seen one before on its release date a few years back.

I wasn't sure what to make of Into The Woods in the end. Personally I think that it's really entertaining in most places but seemed to drag a bit. One thing I did notice is that if you've watched Sweeney Todd on film, or listened to it in general, the backing music sounds really similar to each other in how the instruments are used (That's my bit of a smarty pants statement for the day I think!) It seemed to be a bit long but two songs really stood out to me, "Hello, Little Girl" sung by Johnny Depp as the Big Bad Wolf which genuinely had a chance of giving me nightmares he was so creepy in it, but so creepy he was amazing as you'd expect with him. Another quickly became one of my favourite songs, "Agony" which is sung by two princes comparing their plights with each other to show who is going through the most hardship. It is so typical musical theatre and is portrayed amazingly if I do say so myself.

I think that the film being more directed towards a slightly younger audience means that it might be less interesting for us that are slightly older but it's still worth watching for sure.
After that it was nice to be able to relax for the rest of the night keeping up on YouTube and playing a little Xbox before getting to bed.

It's amazing to think that the christmas break is over and that it's almost time for work and exams again, it goes by way too fa
st! I'll make sure I keep up blogging though, I hope that it's a nice read for you!
Thank you for reading my first two posts today, it really means a lot to me that you've taken the time out to read it. If you have any ways you would like me to improve my blogging then please let me know and I'll make sure to attend to it.

Cheers, speak soon

Tim



2 comments:

  1. I also had a similar experience with Into the Woods. I didn't know it was a musical either, but my boyfriend and I enjoyed the film in general. I also agree with you in that I felt that it dragged a bit.

    My favorite songs were "Hello, Little Girl" too, and "Your Fault" because I thought it was a funny and fast paced song. In the end, it was a good movie to go out and see.

    Really great post and blog overall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely. I really thought that my favourite actors were definitely James Corden and Johnny Depp. "Hello, Little Girl" was done so well because he just makes it so creepy I thought. "Your fault" was really good as well I thought. It seemed that the group songs tended to be really complicated in terms of the music I thought. My favourite song just had to be "Agony" though just because it was really funny and I thought it was a good duet :)

    Thank you very much for taking the time to give such nice feedback and commenting in general, it means the world to me :)

    Speak soon and I'll be sure to keep up to date with your blog!

    ReplyDelete