advert

Saturday 10 January 2015

The last evening before returning to University life

Nice to see you!

It's coming to the end of my last day at home before returning to University for the next semester and I have to say, although I'm really looking forward to going back and meeting up with everyone there, ready for new adventures, I'm going to miss being with my family.

I feel that's a really boring and standard thing to say but I'm sure it's very relatable at least, 2014 was a year to not forget and going back to business in 2015, studying to get my degree (yeah I know first year doesn't count but still) feels in some ways like a bit of a flash back to reality and in some ways it's really exciting.

As I write this I can hear my parents watching the TV with it notoriously on loud enough to make me feel like the house is vibrating! (It isn't, I just couldn't come up with a very good analogy for it) Meanwhile I'm relaxing listening to some of my favourite musical, "Parade". After spending the early afternoon packing my bags and preparing myself for the journey tomorrow, I decided I'd have a nice unwind and relax and have spent the time chilling out and having a rather nice time doing so.

Tomorrow I'm going to be picking up a college friend from her house around midday and we're going to go for a quick provisions shop before venturing onwards into the unknown, towards an enhanced education, towards... I'd imagine a rather large amount of alcohol actually! (Shhh don't tell my parents!) It's a 2 hour-ish road trip so no doubt there will be lots of funny moments that I can fill you in on!

I've got quite a few interesting things lined up at University that I can't wait to tell you about when they happen, such as hockey games for the team, I'm going to be in Fiddler on the Roof in March with the musical theatre society and I'm going to watch quite a lot of films with a very special girl to me which I can tell you about as there is a truly rather large variety of them! I also take quite a lot of pictures and edit them in my spare time so I should be posting them or creating an Instagram account to post them to so I can show you what a beautiful part of the world it is!

No doubt though there will be boring days so I might fill them in with a few stories, like from an adventure I had in Central Asia for a month over the Summer to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan which I hope you will find interesting, of course accompanied with rather amateur photos of the spectacular surroundings.

As I'm leaving the comfort of home again I have to say that I'm scared, unsure of what lies ahead, but I know that it's going to be something great.

Cheers, see you tomorrow

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment