advert

Sunday 18 January 2015

Emerging from the dream

Hi again!
Since we last talked, me and Natasha have been on the move again. Our stay back at home was a really successful one. I enjoyed every second of it and I wish I could just stay that bit longer but unfortunately, at some point it has to come to an end, but I guess that makes it all the more special. Currently I'm back in my room in halls at University. Back to my new sense of familiarity, typing away at a keyboard to tell you about what has been going on and hopefully to entertain. It feels good.

So let's start at the beginning. I woke up this morning relatively late for me, but I woke up feeling extremely cosy and snug and decided to engage in an activity that has come to be one of the nicest of my time home, to say good morning to Natasha face to face, and look into her eyes at the start of a brand new day. We decided to start the day quite slowly as we planned to set off just after lunch. Looking out of the window, it almost looked like a painting, snow everywhere and a really foggy day greeted us and although a beautiful sight when snow is involved, it did mean one thing. I'd probably have to attempt to drive through it.

After grabbing a shower and gradually slipping back into the land of the living, we were ready for breakfast, which of course was another dose of waffles and maple syrup. If a shower hadn't woken us up, the impending sugar rush would no doubt be the trick. Packing was surprisingly painless as we didn't have too much to deal with but while we did so, I had noticed that it had just about started to snow and would eventually develop into something a bit more disastrous and heavy. This somewhat accelerated our departure as we decided to have lunch on the go and grabbed some snacks for the journey. It was a rather elongated trip as due to snow coverage for the first 30 minutes of travel, there were quite a few delays on the motorway, and there was a standard amount of imbeciles who though it would still be a good idea to weave in and out of cars in the impaired driving conditions. oh well, I'm alive and blogging!

We had our standard playlist on for the trip and singing along to dance floor anthems such as "Do you want to build a snowman" (At pitch for me) and the infamous "Mambo No.5" with everything in between kept us in high spirits on our quest for the land of education and other sorts of spirits...

We arrived in good time though, although it isn't snowing here whatsoever it was typically cold, and as if to remind us of home, it was actually colder than normal.  But we raced inside and now we are both unpacked and I'm killing time before another Fiddler on the Roof rehearsal later.

Needless to say though, I've just loved every minute of being with Natasha this weekend and with my friends from college, it made the travelling completely worth it and I could go on forever about how amazing it was, but I fear this post is getting a bit long.

I'll talk to you later, thanks for your time

Cheers
Tim

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, your writing is really coming along. I enjoy how descriptive your posts are so I feel like I am on the adventure with you. Enjoy the snow, here it is up around 40 degrees Celsius most days. Olaf would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SB, thanks very much, I'm really glad you enjoy them and I'll be sure to keep working on my writing and improving. It's not here in university unfortunately but it feels cold enough anyway! I feel that most people in England would want to swap for that weather! Yeah no doubt!

    ReplyDelete