advert

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Bridging the gap between University and home

Hi again, I hope you've been having a good day!

So when we last talked, I was on skype catching up with a college friend that me and Natasha will be seeing at the weekend. We were talking about what we were going to do, how is course was going and I was talking with him about our exams. After moving away from home, especially when you move farther away, it's really easy to forget about the life that you used to lead back at home, but this guy is someone I wanted to stay around in my life while I was in a different part of the UK, so to be able to keep in touch with him is really awesome. Since I had been revising until I was pretty sure my brain had slightly swollen, I decided to unwind and vent some pent up revision frustration by playing on the Xbox (Or as I have recently, more affectionately dubbed it, "The Procrastinator"), which now inhabits a rather large portion of my desk in my halls. Being a boy, I felt that to even conceive the idea that I am unable to multitask is unimaginable, so we talked while I played, and my friend shared great delight when things didn't go my way in the game.

After I had decided that I wasn't really getting anywhere meaningful, I decided to leave it, and was messaging Natasha about revision and if she was still sane with the seemingly endless load that we had to do. As we hadn't spent much time together today, we decided that after dinner, we should spend time together in the evening to unwind. So, after I had convinced myself that I am indeed the student chef of legend, I decided to prepare the infamous dish of "Pasta with whatever topping I felt like that was easy".

Delicious.

It lightened up my day to see Natasha, because she always knows how to make me forget that there is any trouble in the world or that revision is in anyway a pain. We spent a bit of time looking over some bits of revision together for the impending exam and then, since my college friends and a girlfriend were all on skype, we decided to try and get a group chat going. The topics of conversation ranged from a broadway musical that I had barely heard of, sung interestingly down the mic by the girlfriend of my college friend, nostalgia about secondary school and 6th form and a rather long and interesting lecture about why I shouldn't drink alcohol if I want any hope for my vocal chords.

But despite all this action and fun packing into an hour and a half, I'd felt a sense of relief. I introduced Natasha to my best friends from home, and they all got along. Short of introducing her to my parents this felt like something pretty big. I just can't describe how good it feels to know that they get along so well. All I can say is that the prospect of being in person and combining bowling and pizza, is one that will make for some potentially seriously entertaining blogging action!

I'm going to get some shut eye now, it's a big day ahead with an exam and packing to take place. I'll be sure to update you more tomorrow.

Thanks for your time in reading

Cheers
Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment