advert

Monday 19 January 2015

The calm before the storm

Good afternoon!
So today marks the day before our last final exam for the semester that has just been and left us and despite the intimidating nature of the paper that we will be sitting, I'm quietly confident. You see, this exam is purely multiple choice and despite it supposedly having some tricky questions towards the end, we have 1 hour 30 to be able to complete it. Personally I'm not much of a fan of sitting exams because, apart from the obvious aspect of them being exams, it's always in the very standard hall with a big clock at the front to tell us how much of a future we have left. Gradually, I feel that I'm going to get an irrational fear of a big hall with desks set out in rows and columns due to how much distress exams have previously put me through in terms of revision and generally sitting them. I'm not sure what sort of experiences that you've had with them but my worst experience has to either be an A-Level Psychology exam where we had three 25 mark essay questions to complete in 90 minutes which could come from anywhere in the syllabus, or an A-Level Geography exam where we had two 25 mark questions which were split into a 7, 8 and 10 mark essay and then a big 40 mark essay that we had to complete. Needless to say many trees would have had to lay down their lives when this exam was sat. It was just an experience that I'm not intending on recreating in the future I have to say.

But hey, I can't complain too much, I'm here and writing for you aren't I?

So my day hasn't really been too exciting I regret to inform, but hopefully later I'll have more interesting things to tell you about. I've been doing statistics revision mainly, and I did have a trip down to the halls office to confirm my moving of halls from the end of 2014 by handing back my old key. Whilst there I encountered a friend of mine that I'll be living with next year at the mail room, and to my surprise, she had taken what isn't a quick walk by any means in her pyjamas to go for her mail. I guess I can sympathise because I too was feeling very sluggish, but it did make me chuckle. After giving my fondest farewells to my old key, I set off back to my halls, on the way encountering a friend from my theatre group, who had shared with the world on Facebook that this morning, she was having Ice cream for breakfast. I felt a strange sense of pride and disappointment at the same time, it's quite a weird feeling really. After establishing that she didn't invest in the undisputed best of all ice creams, Ben and Jerry's, I established an overriding sense of joking disappointment and was on my way.

I also decided that Natasha is undoubtedly the best person in the entire Universe when back in my room (It's not like she wasn't anyway but she further cemented her position at the top in my Universe). This was because upon telling her about my Ben and Jerry's story, we slowly formulated a way to celebrate together for finishing our last final exam of the semester. We will undertake the feat of watching Frozen while devouring Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Oh my god I can't even wait. Despite my reluctance to watch Frozen, I feel it is a necessity for being a good boyfriend to watch it with her and when combined with being with her and some top quality ice cream, how can I refuse?

That's it really, but I have hockey training later so I should no doubt have a lot to write about with that, including a notoriously difficult run for our 40 minutes of dedicated fitness training. I also have a relatively new stick that I can use so I'm looking forward to using that again. I'm also having a haircut from a former flatmate who, luckily enough, is a trained hairdresser as well, so I'm really excited for that too!

I'm going to get back to revising and getting prepared for tomorrow, but I'll be sure to speak to you this evening after my best endeavours with manual labour and having my hair chopped off.

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment