advert

Tuesday 20 January 2015

The one, special girl

Hi potential new best friend!
Wow that came off creepy...

So this morning I had an alarm set and I didn't manage to get it. I was roughly 2 hours early if I recall. I tried to get back to sleep but that wasn't working so I decided to get onto my laptop and have a short watch of a few youtube videos. My haircut was arranged for 9am and by 7am I was up and ready to get in the shower. Due to the fact that the hairdresser that I had arranged to cut my hair was from my old halls, she had no idea where I lived so I met her about 30 seconds walk away from my halls and took her back to the kitchen where she proceeded to seemingly chop off the vast majority of my hair. It had been a long time since I had last talked to her so it was good to be able to catch up on what had happened since I had moved out last year. In a way I kind of miss the old flat but in other ways I don't. Moving made me happy and I figured out that you shouldn't have to stay anywhere that doesn't make you happy. Happiness is the key in life and if it's not there, then do something about it you lazy so and so!

Oops, sorry. I kind of got carried away a bit there, I can tend to do that. Anyway, ignore me if you like... Moving on.

After my haircut I had realised that I needed to have female approval just to be certain that it was definitely good enough and that I hadn't just wasted £5 in precious change. There is only one person whose opinion matters to me more than any other, and before the exam, I went up to see this one, special girl and she started to basically stroke it a lot and say how soft it is and make me smile uncontrollably. It still makes me smile just thinking about how amused she was at how it had suddenly gotten shorter. We spent time together before the exam, planning how well Frozen and ice cream would go together, (which apparently was a pretty good suggestion) and sort of discussing stats that were to come.

After going back and preparing my two pencils that I would use to conquer the stats that lay ahead of us in the exam hall, we met up and had a fairly pacy walk to the main building to wait for the start. We hugged and wished each other good luck before parting for our last final exam of the semester. The hour and a half exam consisted of 60 multiple choice questions. I took roughly 30 minutes to get through all of them. The rest of the time was spent taking part in a conglomeration of twiddling my thumbs and half hearted checking through answers. Eh, I'd got them all done and they seemed as right as they could be.

It turns out Natasha had finished at a very similar time to me and so after reuniting after the peril of stats, we took a trip to Morissons and picked up some Ben and Jerry's dough-ble impact. We never had it before but enticing promises of cookie dough and chocolate really were too tempting to resist. It got the Natasha approval rating! So in order to accompany this, we did the only logical thing for any celebration type event. Watched Frozen. Yes I sat through Frozen for her, there is nothing I wouldn't do to make her smile and although that is pushing extremes, it was done with a smile on my face. It was a decent film I thought, I think it clearly wasn't targeted at my demographic but it had it's funny moments... I guess...

Since then we've been enjoying each other's company and relaxing together after what has been a stressful exam period. I have also decided to corrupt her mind by revealing to her that Josh Gad, who voices Olaf in Frozen, was the original Elder Cunningham in the musical, The Book of Mormon. If you don't know why that might corrupt someone, I'd advise looking up the musical yourself.

In a few hours I've got a "Bros night in" planned with a friend of mine which should be really good as it will be another awesome chance to unwind. Natasha has her ballroom class so I wouldn't have anything to do anyway but the idea of pizza, alcohol, and videogames is really exciting as the last time that it took place was in college days (well, minus the alcohol). But I might not be able to give you an update tonight, in which case I'll be sure to make up for it tomorrow.

Thanks for your time, I've got to go now, speak soon

Cheers
Tim

3 comments:

  1. Another great post! Great idea with the Frozen and ice cream eating. I've yet to get my boyfriend to actually watch it (he has some kind of intolerance. Perhaps if ice cream was there he would be more happy to watch it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! :) Yeah it was key to being able to watch it with such a big smile I think :) Yeah I think providing Ben and jerry's to sweeten the deal would make it easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [ Smiles ] Hmm. I wondered if many of your female friends thought that you were referring to them.

    Anyway, I just thought that I would drop by your blog and see how things have been going for you.

    Also, please feel free to follow my blog on Blogger; I am not going to post the link in your comment section, because that would be considered spamming.

    Do enjoy the rest of your day, Tim.

    ReplyDelete