advert

Monday 12 January 2015

I forgot how much I don't miss running!

Nice to see you again!
I have just about managed to survive the day, having my first experience of hockey training again for the first time since last year. Despite surviving I nearly managed to catch a ball with my face, which I'm not sure if it would be impressive or not! Also I managed to hurt my lower back to the point where all I feel able to do is confine myself to the parameters of my bed and write this blog for you. 

Today has been a really nice day I feel. Despite the early start and the following attempts at catching up on sleep, I woke up around 10am looking into the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen. After some tedious revision, I met up with my lady-friend to have lunch together, in which I cooked my student speciality.

Cheesey Pasta! (Or Pasta with grated cheese on the top. It's good, I promise you!)

I know what you're thinking, you can't possibly get anymore wined and dined than that. You'd be wrong. We also had some cost effective water to drink. We had a lot of fun though, we've watched a bit of Top Gear together, quite a few YouTube videos and we even managed to play a few games together that I found online that were football and basketball related. It was a drama filled set of matches let me tell you. Own goals were everywhere and controversy was rife but in the end, I emerged the champion.
(Shhhh, it was very close though)

Since then, much revision has been attempted with relatively little success until 8pm when it became time for hockey training! My captain is notoriously keen on his fitness and it's customary to have a 40 minute fitness session each training for each team. It was surprisingly light this week with our run but was still not very pleasant, presumably no thanks to the vast amounts of turkey and chocolate I've managed to inhale over the last few weeks! So anyway, after returning from our "light jog" to the astroturf where we were told we would be playing a game next, my requests to a divine god to be swallowed up into the ground or for a few minutes of slight rest were seemingly denied, and we put on shinpads, got our sticks and got to it. Luckily, the team are all boys, and as such weren't in the mood for the first training back to be super keen. So as this was the case, we split into people who wanted to play hockey on half of the pitch while the others played football. That was good fun and we finished early so all in all, it could have been a lot worse.

In retrospect, I think the worst part was the £55 I had to shell out for a set of kit! Oh well, I've yet to work out what percentage that will be of the student loan but I'm not sure I'd like to know. 

So after having a shower I'm just lying in bed now waiting to fall asleep before a daunting midday terror of an exam tomorrow, I have my doubts but I'll let you know how it goes. I wonder if a tear stained blog is possible at all?

Thanks for taking the time to read, I really appreciate it
Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment