advert

Sunday 25 January 2015

A big turn out

Good afternoon!

So this morning was another lazy one, I went to bed quite late last night so I decided to spend a bit of time in this morning. I still had some washing up to do from an ice cream and film night with Natasha, providing a reply for a blog post I saw on +Jess Nolan 's blog where she and her boyfriend imitated an evening I spent with Natasha, where I was forcibly sat down in front of Frozen, the 90 minute music video for "Let it go".  I've just got that done now before having my late lunch (It's now 15:15).

My big event today and the reason I had a late lunch was our club photos for hockey at the University. I got there 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet up and after waiting a while, people started to arrive. Eventually there were roughly 7 of us there and we were wondering where everyone else was. After deciding that we would all become temporary members of the first, second and third team, we spotted that the others were waiting in the foyer area just down a corridor. So after coming to the acceptance that I would have to wait a little while longer for my promotion, we all filed into the hall where we had to wait for a few other teams to have their pictures taken. I learnt a few things during this photo shoot. Having a formal club picture, a specific team picture, a fun picture for the club and an individual mugshot can take quite a long time.

After pinching a goalkeeper for our team picture, there was only 10 of us with a normal squad consisting of 11 players. Thinking to myself I decided that the absence of people was either due to the rain outside, people over, or more likely a big Beer pong social last night which caused people to apparently get completely drunk out of their minds. Regardless, I was told it was still a better turn out than last year. One member of the squad actually managed to break his nose in a game yesterday so he was the brunt of a few jokes but at least he got through it.

So after spending £20 and getting back about 15:05, I now have a panoramic club photo which is proudly sitting on top of the shelves above my desk in front of a few bottles of alcohol, so it is doubling up as a shield! Later on I have a rehearsal from 7-10pm for Fiddler on the Roof which will involve dancing and some acting which I'm looking forward to and I'll tell you about afterwards.

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Tim

2 comments:

  1. Another great post. Thanks for the mention! I like the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really appreciate it! And likewise for your post! Thanks, I'm renovating a bit, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete